Players looking for a lightweight performance shoe now have a new option, the New Balance 900. Built on a running last instead of the standard New Balance court shoe, the 900 offers a sleek, speed feel. That speed feel is enhanced with the light feeling of the shoe. The 900 features the Acteva midsole, which is 12% lighter than the standard midsole foam, New Balance says. We also found the shoe to offer plenty of cushioning from the N-ergy system, which is designed not only to absorb shock, but also provide a responsive feel. Overall, this is a good fit for competitive players looking for a blend of durability and speed.
- Fit: Length fits true to size. This is the D medium width shoe. Arch support is a medium height. No break-in required.
- Upper: Synthetic leather and mesh. Long-wear Drag Tip and toe bumper for protection against court abrasions.
- Lining: Lightning Dry for moisture management and seamless Phantom liner.
- Midsole: Full EVA midsole featuring lightweight Acteva foam and Abzorb cushioning provide shock absorption. N-ergy in the heel provides impact absorption and responsive cushioning. Stability Web provides optimal arch support that prevents midfoot flex.
- Outsole: Ndurance non marking rubber outsole in a herringbone tread pattern for traction on a variety of court surfaces. Features One Year NDurance Outsole Durability Guarantee.
- Weight: 13.8 ounces (size 10.5)
- Color: White / Grey / Red